Easy easy foraging packets
Here is a quick and easy idea with something you already have in your house – paper towel rolls (the inside roll). Here’s what you do:
- Cut roll in half (this will make 2 foraging toys. Use toiled paper to make one toy)
- Punch hole in top of roll(s)
- fold over bottom of roll about 1/2 inch and tape closed
- Flatten roll against hard surface
- Fill with paper shreds, dry food, treats, popcorn, etc
- Thread hole through with ribbon or Paulie rope, and tape top closed if necessary (depending on your bird’s skill level in ripping things open)
- Hang in cage!It should look like this:
Skill level: Easy for humans to make; difficult to medium for birds to open. To make it easier for your bird to open, cut a triangle shaped cut out of each side of the packet.
SAFETY NOTICE! Some people do not like to give their birds kitchen paper towel/toilet paper rolls because of the glue possibly inside. I give them to my birds, but it is up to you to decide if they are safe for your birds.